Me & My Muse – Day 1812: Wedding Leftovers

To reflect on my sister’s happiest day of her life, I can summarize it in just a few simple words.  It went well.

As for the longer version, here is what happened yesterday.

The day began very early, with the bride, the bridesmaids, and the maid of honor all getting makeup and their hair done.  The standard beauty treatment to look perfect on my sister’s wedding day.  I woke up at around 7:00, and I wasted no time and getting things ready for the day.  I got everything done for later, since I knew that I was in for a very long day.  A long and satisfying one where my goal was to make my sister’s happiest day of her life as much of a success as I could.

I got everything done and I proceeded to have breakfast.  The menu?  An egg dish with vegetables and sausage.  The Mimosa, the typical wedding day drink was happily served; a drink consisting of champagne and orange juice.  For an extra kick, there was raspberry-flavored Simply Lemonade for those that want a more tart flavor experience.  But for those that did not prefer alcohol in their drinks, my virgin Mimosa consisted of Sparkling grape juice, orange juice, and the raspberry lemonade, since I wanted that extra kick.

Bagels were also served and cut into pieces for the girls to enjoy while they got their hair done.  A little creme cheese on it?  Why of course!  The back family room was transformed into a Hollywood makeup room for that morning.

After the mother of the groom got here treatment at 11:00, the Bridal Party set off at 1:00 to catch the party bus for pictures.

A little later, 2:30 rolled around.  It was time to change into my rented tux, and I began to put Operation: Bridal Happiness into motion.  I got into my suit, as well as my dad and my brother.  My mom was already in her outfit, since she needed her makeup and hair done.  Everyone was ready, so we set out to SVSU to begin the preparations.

To fast forward things a little bit, things got set up in the chapel.  The flower girl got changed into her cute dress and everyone was in place for the wedding to start.  The expected invitees started showing up in droves, and my brother and I carried out our usher duties.  The seats filled up fast, and eventually got to where we had to seat two couples in the overflow section since they wanted to sit together.

The ceremony started and I escorted my grandpa.  My brother escorted my grandma.  Mitch escorted her mom and my brother and I escorted my mom.  We were halfway down the aisle when we realized that there were no more family members to escort. Oops!  We quietly went back to our seats and sat down.

The bridal party all came out, with the ring bearer and flower girl coming out afterward.

Finally, my sister came down the aisle, escorted by my dad, while “Beauty and the Beast” was playing.

The ceremony carried on and the pastor read their vows.  The rings were exchanged and the sand was poured.  Then it was official.  Rachel Walker was now Rachel Otis.

After dismissing the group, we told the invitees to head to the hall for the reception, while the bridal party stayed behind for pictures.

After the pictures were taken, I then went with my family to the reception.  It started late, with the food being served buffet style.  The cake was cut and the DJ began the dancing with the single ladies catching the bouquet.  After that, Mitch grabbed the garter belt and the single men were invited to catch the garter belt.  Being very lucky, I caught the garter belt.  This was very assuring, as I may very well meet a woman very soon.  The married couples were then invited to dance.  Then the bride/groom dance began.  This was followed by the father/bride dance and the mother/groom dance.  After that, the dance floor was opened to everyone.

The rest of the night consisted of dancing my legs and and talking to other people.  I took off for a short time with my brother to pick up some pizza for the reception.  We came back and the pizza was going fast.

The night then ended, with the one hour beginning to clean out the hall. This was done in record time, with me and my family leaving at around 1 in the morning.

We then went to the hotel with the trailer.  We talked to one of my parent’s friends for a short time and then went home.  I finally went to bed around 3 in the morning.

And with that all over, I am tired.  I will take a breather and get ready for tomorrow.

Today’s high is going to be 70 degrees and the silver lining is having a day to relax.

To those of you who have ever felt tired the day after a wedding, I hope that you all have a fantastic day.


Muse:  Last night was fun!  We really danced a lot, didn’t we?  Ow…I’m a little sore.  Time to lie down…

Leave a Reply